- Property Type: Apartment
- Property Features: Other (Fibre)
- Tenure: Stratum in freehold
- Approx year built: 1900
- House style: Character
- Unit style: Hotel / strata, Number in block: 21, Number of levels: 4
- Construction: Corrugated Iron and Brick
- Joinery: Partial double glazed, Timber
- Insulation: Ceiling
- Flooring: Vinyl and Carpet
- Window coverings: Blinds
- Heating / Cooling: Heat pump
- Chattels remaining: Blinds, Fixed floor coverings, Light fittings, Stove, Washing Machine. Dryer, Fridge, Dishwasher, Heated Towel Rail, Clothes Rack
- Kitchen: Standard, Open plan, Dishwasher, Separate cooktop, Separate oven, Rangehood, Gas bottled and Finished in Laminate
- Living area: Open plan
- Main bedroom: Double and Built-in-robe
- Bedroom 2: Double and Built-in / wardrobe
- Main bathroom: Bath, Separate shower, Heater
- Laundry: In bathroom
- Views: City
- Aspect: North
- Water heating: Electric
- Water supply: Town supply
- Sewerage: Mains
- Locality: Close to schools, Close to shops, Close to transport
About this listing
Exposed brick walls give the large living area a warm relaxed ambiance, beautifully complimented by plush new carpeting. A cleverly compact kitchen provides the necessary amenities and overlooks the central courtyard.
The two double bedrooms are on different levels, the first being located on the same floor as the living area and the second is on the same level as the generous bathroom, which also contains the laundry.
In the 1990's the Excelsior Apartments were established in the historic Excelsior hotel on the corner of Princes and Dowling Street. The developers ensured the apartments retained the character of the central city building.
The apartment would be ideal for young professionals, and/or investors, and people needing a city base who can appreciate the lifestyle these centrally located apartments offer.
In its heyday, the historic Excelsior Hotel was referred to as a " handsome hostelry that occupies a conspicuous position within a three minute walk of the railway station, post and telegraph offices." It is still a very handsome building, and its central location makes it a great real estate investment for those discerning people who can see the potential in this charming apartment.